Monday, June 27, 2011

Not Dead Yet...But Almost

So, the title is an homage to my lovely flies, who should start dying tomorrow.  I'm hoping that they are not mad at me, and will expose genes that will greatly help the future of mankind!!!

Okay, that was kind of dramatic.  But I feel so guilty when I kill all my flies.

I get to start "real" dissections tomorrow.  As in the dissection pictures will actually be used in research!  It is very exciting.  I'm fairly certain this week will fly by (oh man, I'm punny!) because I was in Manhattan last weekend for a birthday, and will be returning home for the 4th of July.  I enjoy working a normal work day schedule during the week.  It makes me believe that I will be able to have a real job someday, and I won't hate it.  I have learned a couple of things thus far this summer, and I will now share them with you.

1. People like hard workers.  If your parents made you work for your allowance, or just for your dinner, thank them.  They will help you keep a job.

2. People don't like whiners.  If your parents got mad and told you to stop whining, thank them.  They will help you make friends.  Or at least not drive any away.

3. People who tell elaborate lies are good for poking fun at, and cannot be taken seriously.  If your parents taught you not to lie, be grateful and thank them.  You will not get fired OR lose friends for being obnoxious.

So I know these aren't really lab lessons, but they are pretty good life lessons!  Big prayers out to Aunt Dee Ann and Cousin Mindy who are having surgery this week!  Love you both!  I hope you all have a good 4th , and I'll see you next week!

Love,
Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment